You learn a lot building a company
Now imagine building five at once
At the Monkey Inferno, we dream up ideas, and then build them into companies. We are a team of 20 engineers, designers, and business people coming together to build amazing products. Michael and Xochi are leaders in the tech industry, having built multiple, multi-million dollar companies (try saying that twice) over the past decade.
The office is an incredible creative space designed by Ken Fulk. We are well fed, with Chef Elgin Espiritu providing us with a gourmet lunch that we eat together, family style. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, stock equity participation and the assurance of knowing that we are well funded. With Friday Massages, happy hours, and legendary company trips to Napa and Vegas - we tend to enjoy ourselves.
How to Apply
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Hire me)
- A short paragraph on why you want to work at The Monkey Inferno
- Links to your previous websites and/or mobile apps you’ve worked on
We're looking for our second iOS developer to help us develop all our projects. Initially you'll be working on BeerHunt and will need the following skills.
- You love making things "pop" on the front end and want to take ownership of the UI
- CoreAnimation? You can do that in your sleep
- Custom animation paths, custom easings, anything it takes to make the animations feel good
- OpenGL/Cocos2D experience, an understanding of where these become useful in an app
- Won't think twice about the media APIs
- Take pictures and videos, do overlays, understand what it takes to sit in that path
- Options for media filters, what are the approaches?
- Experienced with keeping an app running
- Structuring the code so that low memory warnings don't cause crashes
- Keep things working as people upgrade
- CoreData, including syncing to backends and migrations
- Familiar with AFNetworking (or similar) for backend communication
- Comfortable writing modular code within the Apple frameworks
- Used to the whole process of releasing an app
- Store submission
- Managing keys
- Build and test processes
We're looking for our lead Android engineer. You should have experience running and coding full life-cycle Android products
- Inside-out knowledge of the Android platform
- Good visual design sense and a creative drive
- Experience starting projects from scratch and jumping in to an existing architecture
- Up to date knowledge of new technology and development tools
- Experience with testing frameworks